Ontario Health is the provincial agency responsible for ensuring Ontarians receive high-quality health care services where and when they need them. Since it was established in June 2019, Ontario Health has brought together the strengths of many existing health care organizations to work together to build a better health care system for all Ontarians. Building on the expertise and knowledge of our people, we are committed to applying the best of what we collectively do, and in partnership with others, to transform the health system and improve the quality and delivery of care for patients, families and health care providers. For more information, visit www.ontariohealth.ca .
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Human Resources Officer will build our people and culture strategy. You will provide strategic direction, priority setting and leadership of the planning, development and management of key foundational human resources and organizational development frameworks, programs, operational policies and the provision of expert advisory services to promote Ontario Health as a high performing, agile and talent focused organization, designed to attract, retain and engage its employees.
· Sets the vision, strategies, priorities and plans for Ontario Health’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Department, responsible for all areas of human resources including, but not limited to total rewards, workforce planning, talent management, labour relations, workplace safety and organizational development and culture in a large, complex, unionized environment.
· Acts as a key member and decision maker on the executive team, providing influence and input on the development of the agency’s vision, mission, values and culture and leads strategies and timely decision making for their delivery at the department level.
· Champions and supports Ontario Health’s transformation, leading these change management efforts across the Department.
· Acts as a strategic leader across the agency, to define and drive Human Resources and Organizational Development programs, policies, systems, services and models within the broad framework of the agency’s vision, mandate and values.
· Ensures the development of evidence based, customer-focused guidelines, performance measures, standards and best practices.
· Provides strategic expertise and advice to the Chief Executive Officer, Ontario Health executive team and the Board of Directors on departmental plans, priorities, and outcomes including strategies, services and issues/challenges.
· Provides strategic leadership for the development and implementation of Ontario Health’s multi-year human capital plan, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic plan and Ontario Health’s values and culture to promote Ontario Health as an employer of choice.
· Provides overall strategic direction in driving Ontario Health’s organizational transformation and in creating a positive employee and labour relations climate, where working collaboratively and respectfully with bargaining agent partners are integral to ensuring alignment with legislative and collective agreement requirements in support of change management and positive employee experiences.
· Directs the department and its staff, within Ontario Health’s talent focused organization, designed to attract, retain and engage its employees. Accountable for building a strong team which respects diversity and inclusivity including hiring, orienting, training and coaching of staff, determination of performance standards, conducting performance reviews and managing performance and employee relations matters.
· Provides leadership in the provision of responsive and strategic human resources and labour relations expertise, consulting, advice and manager support in all areas of expertise.
· Works with the Chief Executive Officer in developing and managing operational plans, budgets, and performance metrics, program effectiveness, risks and impacts.
· Represents Ontario Health and the department by leading consultations with stakeholders impacted by programs, services and initiatives to ensure effective partnering with the public and private sector.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduate Degree or certificate in Human Resources or a related field.
• Certified Human Resources Executive (CHRE) designation an asset
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant leadership experience within the health care sector or similarly complex service delivery environment (e.g., government, broader public sector, not-for-profit, for-profit)
• Minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience in human resources with expertise in developing, implementing and managing a wide range of programs, policies, and advisory services and support within a large unionized work environment.
• Proven experience in leading significant organization wide change.
• People leadership expertise and proven experience in the delivery of strong results through innovation and a high performing team.
• Proven results in leading the development and implementation of multiple programs, services and high-profile initiatives with broad organizational mandate, values and vision.
Location: the successful candidate can be located anywhere in Ontario, with a potential for some travel to Ontario Health and/or stakeholder locations.
Ontario Health is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve, to ensuring our services and communications are accessible to all individuals, and to embedding equity into our employment practices. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
To express your interest or submit your cover letter and resume, in confidence, email OH_recruitment-CHRO@ontariohealth.ca